North Canterbury Vets are a mixed practice which deals with dairy cows, beef, sheep, deer, horses and alpacas as well as companion animals. Our team has an ethical focus to assist in developing and growing our clients' businesses and providing quality health care to ensure that their livestock and pets live healthy and productive lives.
COVID-19 Update Level 2
After the announcement by the Government that we will be moving down to Alert Level 2, we are pleased we can now extend the services we offer to our clients.
There are several procedures we will continue to use throughout this level, the safety of everyone is our number one priority.
- As of Thursday 14 May our clinics are back to normal opening hours. This includes the re-opening of our Cheviot and Waikari clinics.
- Our Amberley clinic will return to two late nights per week. Tuesday and Thursday 5.30pm – 7.00pm (beginning Tuesday 19th May).
- Amberley will be running “Vaccine Clinics” on Saturday 16 May, Saturday 23 May, Saturday 30 May, 8.30am – 5.30pm. Anyone is able to attend these, regardless of which clinic you normally visit. Please call Amberley to make an appointment.
- We will be contact tracing everyone who enters the clinic and we ask that you maintain a physical distancing of 1m between other customers.
- We continue to offer Teleconsults (video consults) for those who prefer this method or need to stay at home.
- It is preferable to have one person bringing the animal into the clinic. In the consult room, clients will be asked to take a seat while the Vet and Nurse examine your animal.
- If you are sick, please do not bring in your animal. If it is an emergency please call and let us know, we will talk you through other options available to you.
- We are continuing to be extra vigilant in our cleaning practices throughout our clinics.
- Payment methods – Contactless payments are preferred. We are in the process of implementing Oxipay and credit card payments over the phone, watch this space…
Please continue to call or email us in advance before coming into the clinic. We can prepare your order in advance, thereby minimising the time you have to spend in clinic.
The Team at North Canterbury Vets