Click on the link to open up the newsletter for the November edition of 'What's Up in the District'.
Keeping Your Rams Free of Brucella Ovis
See Link at bottom of page for link to PDF on article written by Ben Hodgson & Anne Ridler - "Brucella ovis in rams - information for New Zealand farmers" 1. Never buy a ram without seeing a current B. ovis accreditation certificate. There are still reasonable numbers of rams being sold around the country from breeders with no accreditation program in place. Don’t assume ...
Paws for a Moment - Oct/Nov
Click on the link to open up the newsletter for the Oct/Nov edition of our Companion Animal Newsletter, 'Paws for a Moment'. In this newsletter we look at: Fleas Win with Bravecto Fleas for CatsOur exciting new technologyand more... Paws for a Moment ...
Fleas, Fleas, Fleas
Did you know that the fleas that live on your pet represent 5% of the total flea population, with the other 95% living in the environment, in various stages of development. Not the nicest of thoughts! Fleas are the most common external parasite of cats and dogs and their control is becoming a challenge for veterinarians and owners. The flea has evolved and is extremely resista ...
The scientists at Bayer Animal Health have developed an exciting new flea collar technology to keep cats and dogs protected from irritating flea bites and combat ticks for 8 continuous months – that’s season after season of flea and tick treatments in one easy application! Seresto®collars are made from an innovative solid polymer matrix material which allows a slow, controlle ...
Rural Round Up - September 2018
Click on the link to open up the newsletter for the September edition of 'What's Up in the District'.
What's Up in the District - September 2018
Click on the link to open up the newsletter for the June edition of 'What's Up in the District'.
Mycoplasma bovis – advice around available tests and mating
LINK from Dairy NZ Website We’ve been getting questions from you recently about how best to manage mating, and specifically purchasing bulls, in relation to the Mycoplasma bovis risk. In a nutshell, the questions come down to ‘how do I test for M. bovis in a bull and what test is best?’ We’ve talked to many experts, both in-house and at CRV, LIC and MPI to understand what test ...
Farm Express - July Edition
Click on the link to open up the newsletter for the July edition of 'Farm Express'.
Final Pregnancy Testing Results
While there are still a few final farms to complete their testing, below are the approximate district averages. Currently the overall district average of 6-week in calf rates are sitting at 65%. Overall empty rate of approx. 19-20% which is very sobering! Contact us to discuss the following areas: Ø Conception rate Ø Age group comparisons Ø Heat detection analysis Ø Com ...